A mixture of goat’s and sheep’s milk that has high melting point and so being a cheese can still be grilled and fried conveniently!! Its been my favourite since a while and so has made me experiment a bit in the kitchen. You can have raw halloumi chopped up into slices like mozzeralla or even grate it over pastas. 100 grams of a piece would fulfill your requirements of fats and proteins with low level of carbs and thus makes up a great ingredient even for breakfast recipes. Fried is my favourite one and just cannot resist sharing it here. You can have this as a salad dish to serve your guests or as a quick dinner or a lunch. Fresh flavours and bright colors justify it as a summer dish. Gets done in minutes and can surely be selected as a last minute option..
A pack of halloumi cheese
1 cup coleslaw(mixture of grated carrots, beetroot and cabbage)
1/4th cup sprouted beans
100gms mixed salad leaves
1.5 tspn spice mix(mixture of salt, crushed black pepper and smoked paprika)
1 slice of fresh lemon
1/2 avocado, sliced
- Place a pan over the stove and turn on the heat to a medium flame. Brush halloumi with some olive oil and place it in the pan. Cook on each side till it forms a beautiful brown crusty layer. It usually takes about 3 minutes for each side.
- Mix all the the other ingredients in a bowl. Dice the fried halloumi and add to the mixture.
- Sprinkle spice mix and mix everything.
- Transfer everything to your plate or serving bowl, squeeze some generous amount of fresh lemon juice, top it up with some sliced avo and serve!
- The proportions of vegetables in coleslaw and spices in spice mix is just random depending upto your preference and taste.
- You can add any other ingredient of your choice or even remove any from this.