Greek food? As humble as the people. the above recipe is a quick option if you love pies or shortcrust pastries. A good dinner option if you don’t want to have much or prefer a quick dinner!!
150g cottage cheese
2 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 lemon, zest and juice
1 sheet short crust pastry, thawed
200g box frozen spinach, defrosted & squeezed to remove liquid
20g flaked almonds
2 tsp olive oil
2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled, deseeded & cut in chunks
1/4 bunch mint, leaves picked
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Blend together eggs, cottage cheese, garlic, oregano and lemon zest, and whizz until smooth then stir through crumbled feta.
3. Cut pastry sheet into 4 and make a 2cm cut on each corner on the diagonal.
4. Fold up the sides, overlapping the corners, to form an edge around the pie. refer all the images below in case.
5. Spread the spinach, add cheese mixture and sprinkle over almonds, and brush pastry edges with 1 tsp oil and bake for 20-25 minutes.
6. Toss cucumber with mint, remaining olive oil and lemon juice, season with salt and pepper and serve with pies.